Friday, August 18, 2017

What I learned this week in L.A.


This week, I learned about Direct and Indirect Characterization

Direct: He is tall
Indirect: he bangs his head on every door in the world if he doesn't bend his leg.

Image result for direct indirect characterization

I also learned about assertions and showing evidence




What type of character is Patrick Maloney?

Trait
Evidence from Text
Assertion
1. mean
He shouted at her, he is leaving her, she don't care about what he did for her, and he only care about himself

Quotes:
"Sit down," he said. "Just for a minute, sit down."
--
“Of course, I'll give you money and see that you're taken care of.”
--
"Don't make supper for me. I'm going out."
--
“But there really shouldn't be any problem. I hope not, in any case. It wouldn't be very good for my job."

Patrick shouted at his pregnant wife, he leaves her and his baby, he don't care about her or anything she did for him, and the only thing he did is think only about himself. This shows that he is mean




No comments:

Post a Comment